Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Family Gathering Tonight

Well This is going to be a busy night around the house tonight. Our oldest daughter is coming over with her family and she has 4 kids. Her husband has been in Texas looking for work and was home for the week but has to go back Saturday for a short term job. They were just married in December. I have to say I give the man his due credit for what he is taking on. Becoming a father of 4 kids that are not yours is hard. He loves them as if they were his own and they do love him very much as well. My daughter also had multiple personality disorder and bipolar with that family he has taken on a whole lot. He has been amazing the way he is working so hard to take care of them.

I was watching my youngest daughter's kids while she worked and we had corned beef and cabbage for dinner and our 4yr old granddaughter ask what the meat was so Grandpa told her, and her reply was I only eat beef!! So Grandpa took the next 10 minutes trying to get her to understand it was beef. She did finally eat but did not like the cabbage at all. Her Statement on it "eww!!" On the other hand her brother could not eat it fast enough. Grandpa kept telling him he was going to choke.

As for me and how my last few days have gone they have been very busy. I joined weight watchers last month. In my first month I have lost 12.5 lbs, my total goal is to lose 140 lbs. I am a diabetic with some heart issues that I am having to watch closely so not to have to go into surgery. The Dear Hubby is always so watchful to make sure I do the right thing. He handles me with kids gloves and is always there to make sure that I know I have him to lean on.

My next post is going to be on the way we met and how he courted me all the way from one end of world to the other.

Ornament

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How completely special Carolyn. Your daughter's husband is one of the good men out there. God Bless their family!:-)

Congratulations on the 12.5 pound loss! That seems like quite a bit for one month. Kudos to you dear lady. My fahter has diabeties (spelling?) and I know how hard he has to work to maintain weight control and his exercsie regimen.

Your hubby is another of the good ones! I look forward to reading your how we met post.

Have a great weekend Carolyn.

:-)3T

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..12.5 pounds!!! Way to go girl! Woohooo.

Most kids don't like cabbage. I grew up on it, I'm Polish.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home