Friday, March 17, 2006

The Lady Meets Her Knight!


Where to start let me see, Well I had a friend that knew this man from across the ocean. One night while I was baby sitting for her a phone call came in from a man that had the sexist voice I had ever heard. Well I told him she was out and would leave a message that he had called and he asked my name and from there on it was instant attraction for us both I think. We ended up staying on the phone for at least an hour since the kids were in bed. He told me how he had met my friend on AOL and that they had been talking for awhile on the computer.

When my friend came home I gave her the message and asked who he was and she took me to the computer and showed me his photo and one look into the eyes and I knew that we would end up together. Something deep inside matched with him and I could really feel it in my soul that we would have a great friendship. My friend had me over all the time and she started teaching my how to use the computer as it was total new thing to me.

She showed me how AOL worked and I started to talk to Mik at first letting him think it was her.
Well it was not long before he caught on and let me know he knew it was me. We started talking more and more. It was not long before I got my own computer so we could talk a lot more.

Then it went to phone calls and snail mail letters that went on for over 2 years. As I feel deeper and deeper in love with this man that give me since of how it was to feel good about yourself and that you are worth something. He gave me the courage to pull myself out of the mess I was living in. Then one day he asked me to marry him and we had never even met face to face yet. All we had seen was photos of each other. But my heart did not have a chance to make it next beat as fast as I answered yes.

Then we talked and decided it would be better for us to get married over in England. Which we did do and had a 10 day honeymoon there, I had a wonderful time. Than here in the USA as we were planning on living there. But alas England was not to be as I had to many health issues. So my Dear Knight in shining armor moved here to the USA to be with me.

Well that is the beginning of how we got started. I am posting a copy of our wedding photo

Ornament

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a romantic story Carolyn!
:-)Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I met my husband through the internet as well. So these types of stories have a special meaning for me.

3T

8:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Carolyn, love your new blog. Been reading Mik forever and just spotted the link to you!
Great photos :)

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home