Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Learning to Love Through God Eyes

Have you ever had a person that is hard to be around and see the good in.! Well I am going through that at the moment God is teaching me that I need to love as if I was seeing the person through His eyes and not my own.

You see I am a very critical person at times and can be a very harsh person when it comes to see how a person really is! Well in this case anyway. I am having to look and see what the Good is that God sees and learn to love this person as a growing child of God and over look each time they have fall a little and know that it is a work in progress.

You see the person God is teaching me about is myself and I have not had a positive look at myself. Finding Gods love has been a hard one to accept. And at times getting to know Him on a personal nature and that He loves me no matter what has been a hard one.

God wants me to learn to accept that there is good inside of me and start to really believe in it. One of the things He is showing that to truly be a child of his I first have to heal the pains of my past and truly turn them over to Him and really let go and not take them back in a time of weakness.

Once I started taking the time that is needed to spend with Him to get to know Him things really started to change for me.

I always thought God wanted us to spend our time reading His word and in prayer and over looked the fact He wants much more than that! He wants us to talk to him every minute of our day. Like a friend, sister, Brother,Parent Do not just make it time that has to be done but one that is looked forward to as if you are going to dinner and movie with him. He wants to enjoy our life with us and not just be on the side lines watching it. He wants to be our everything. And until we can truly start to do that we are missing out on so much that He wants to share with us.

Learning to Trust in God is something that is starting to be really freeing in my life. It is helping me over come my addictions and my stone cold heart. I am not only learning to love myself but by doing so I am learning to also see others through Gods eyes. Knowing that all that come to Him with a true heart can be changed! When they will to let go and Let God lead their life.

Ornament

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Carolyn. And something all of us need to work on throughout our lives. Thank you for this life altering reminder, of His unconditional love for us. We should be rejoicing in it daily!

:-)3T

9:02 AM  
Blogger Sonia Sherrod said...

Thanks for posting this. I also have someone that is very difficult to be with in my life at the moment. Your words of inspiration are very helpful. Hope all is well. Enjoyed the photos of you and Mik in England.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Thank You for visiting my Blog and my Prayers will be with you both. I will pop over and give you both a visit.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home