Monday, March 27, 2006

A Mother's Broken Heart!

The Time has come the all Mother's have to face. My Oldest daughter is moving to another state in less then two weeks to where her hubby has found a job and housing. He will be back here next week to help her pack up what they are taking and to get them ready to head back while the kids are on spring break from school.

I am going to miss her and the family very much as this will be the first Christmas that we will not be having the family Christmas party as all of my kids are now moving on and doing things with there own family's.

Wow it is going to be hard now having them around all the time and having them call me to see when we are going to be seeing them next.

I guess that means the hubby and I can plan a getaway for the holiday. I know he has been wanting to do that. So we just may this year.

Ornament

6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That's tough. I can't and don't want to imagine my children ever moving farther than 10 minutes away. So many families have to face this, and mine may one day too.

The good thing is that visits are often week long stays at one anothers homes. Blessings.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You poor thing :(
I think i will chain my daughter to me for the rest of our life!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a hard one. I know my parents struggle with the fact that I moved their grandbabies across three states. You have a good attitude though Carolyn. Creating your own Holiday fun with your husband. And now days, with phones and email, keeping in contact is easier than in generations past.

3T

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we could also visit them in Texas for a vacation.

Mik

8:37 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Mik has the right attitude :). Our son is planning to move to Japan when he graduates in June from college *sigh*. I don't know how I am going to handle that... Texas is much closer :).
My mom is always sad when we talk - we live 6,000 miles apart with an ocean between us.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest son moved across state about 5 months ago. It was hard. I cried off and on for about a week. Now I am fine. It is very hard to let go. But we do, and life goes on.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home